Re: New procedure bicgstab

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: New procedure bicgstab
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:17:59 -0500

On Dec 19, 2008, at 6:07 PM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

fre, 19 12 2008 kl. 13:20 -0800, skrev R!:
Hi,

As I said before, I am supposed to write some piece of code as my school
project.
I have completed procedure bicgstab for now and hope it will be fine for you
and you accept it.
All suggestions are welcome.

                        Radek Salac

http://www.nabble.com/file/p21098523/bicgstab.m bicgstab.m .

Hi,
 I don't know much about optimization, so I'm just asking out of
ignorance, but what is the point of this function compared to the normal
division operators in Octave?

Søren

I'm no expert, but I have tried using a bigcgstab solver in the past.

It is an iterative solution which can provide more efficient solutions for large systems of equations.

My attraction was based upon my understanding that it would be quite attractive for time dependent or frequency dependent solutions where prior solutions may be used to determine the initial solution for subsequent solutions.

Ben