Re: new snapshot?

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: new snapshot?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 09:52:37 -0700

On 2/6/09 address@hidden wrote:
     +. Graphics:
          + Refactor base_properties
          + Specific types for properties with improved property value
            checking
          + Implement the addprops function allow additional properties
            to objects
          + add the hggroup object that has no fixed properties for use
            by barseries, etc.
          + Add callback DeleteFcn/CreateFcn to objects
          + Allow listener functions to be added to objects
          + Clean separation of backend from property database
          + Implement experimental backend based on OpenGL and GUI
            toolkit

I have been interested for some time now to hack around with the new
OpenGL backend. However, the FTGL text dependency was not detected properly on my Mac (OS X 10.4.11). After a recent mercurial update, this problem still exists:

configure: WARNING: "FTGL library not found. Native renderer will not have on-screen text"
configure: WARNING:
configure: WARNING: I didn't find the necessary libraries to compile native
configure: WARNING: graphics. It isn't necessary to have native graphics
configure: WARNING: but you will have to use gnuplot or you won't be able
configure: WARNING: to use any of Octave's plotting commands
configure: WARNING:

I do have ftgl-2.1.2 installed via Macports. Anyway, it would be nice if this could be resolved before the next snapshot. I remember quite a long thread about this problem some time ago, but I don't remember what the conclusion was. I am willing to help debug if someone can suggest something for me to try.

Thanks,
Jonathan

P.S.
Octave development sources are also not detecting my installed fftw and arpack libraries, but I will leave that for later.