Re: linking liboctave fails (lapack missing?)

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: linking liboctave fails (lapack missing?)
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:08:54 +0200

John W. Eaton schrieb:
It would be helpful if people building Octave on Windows and OS X
systems could configure and build the latest Octave sources on and
send a list of symbols that are unresolved when creating the libcruft,
liboctave, liboctinterp shared libraries, when linking the Octave
executable file, and when building the .oct files.

Here are the results for OS X (currently I cannot tell you anything about the CURL and GLPK dependencies - these libs are not found by ./configure at the moment - seems because of missing -lz in the test procedure):

  libcruft.dylib, liboctave.dylib: no unresolved symbols

  liboctinterp.dylib: (cf. attached file liboctave_symbols.txt.gz)
    for manual compilation I needed to add

    -L../libcruft -lcruft -lreadline -lfftw3 -lfftw3f -lexpat

  octave: (cf. attached file liboctave_symbols.txt.gz)
    for manual compilation I needed to add

    -lz -lhdf5 -lreadline -lfreetype -lfontconfig -lfftw3 -lfftw3f -lexpat

  dld files: (cf. attached file liboctave_symbols.txt.gz)

Thomas