Re: linking liboctave fails (lapack missing?)

From: Thomas Treichl
Subject: Re: linking liboctave fails (lapack missing?)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 21:31:14 +0200

Benjamin Lindner schrieb:
Thomas Treichl wrote:
Benjamin Lindner schrieb:
I also tried with updated versions of msys and tools, but the same errors occur.

$ autoheader --version
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.63
<http://gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by Roland McGrath and Akim Demaille.

$ automake --version
automake (GNU automake) 1.11
License GPLv2+: GNU GPL version 2 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html>

Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
       and Alexandre Duret-Lutz <address@hidden>.

benjamin

The problems do come somewhere from inside of "m4_ifnblank", "m4_ifblank" and "m4_toupper" in file aclocal.m4 and macro OCTAVE_CHECK_LIBRARY. It seems that these functions don't like any of AC_DEFINE, AC_LANG_POP etc. as an argument, but I don't get it corrected...

As a wild guess, can it have something to do with the version of perl or m4 used?

$ perl --version
This is perl, v5.6.1 built for msys
$ m4 --version
GNU M4 1.4.7

benjamin

I don't know Benjamin, mine are not very much newer:

MacMini:~/Development/octave Me$ perl --version
This is perl, v5.8.6 built for darwin-thread-multi-2level

Copyright 1987-2004, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home Page.

MacMini:~/Development/octave Me$ m4 --version
m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.11

Written by Rene' Seindal.

Anybody seeing those configure problems on Linux?