Re: 3.2.3 RC2

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: 3.2.3 RC2
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:35:56 -0500

On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM, Benjamin Lindner<address@hidden> wrote:
> Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>>
>> hi all,
>>
>> the 3.2.3 RC2 tarballs are available:
>> http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~hajej2am/ulozna/octave/
>
> Builds fine using mingw32 TDM-gcc-4.3.0-3.
> Make check shows the already known failures.
>
> However, as Tatsuro already pointed out, gnuplot does no longer allow
> interaction with either keyboard (e.g. grid on/of) or mouse (e.g. zooming).
> I tested this with the 2009-july-08 development binaries and a local build
> from the CVS snapshot of the same date.
>
> This is quite a serious regression as it renders the gnuplot backend
> practically useless.
>
> Going back to rev 9415, i.e.
> changeset:   9415:f0538a1bb518
> tag:         qparent
> user:        John W. Eaton <address@hidden>
> date:        Tue Aug 25 10:26:01 2009 +0200
> summary:     __magick_read__.cc: undo unintended change
>
> does not solve the problem.
>
> Going back to rev 9413 neither.
> I begin to wonder if it worked with the rc1. Unfortunately I haven't checked
> then.
>
> This will require more debugging.
>
> Tatsuro do you have any news?
>
> benjamin

Mouse works for me with on linux x86_64 and i686 with fairly recent
gnuplot cvs though.
On i686 after fixing lapack/atlas issues I am still getting 1 failure
on make check:

 ***** testif HAVE_ARPACK
 [u2,s2,v2,flag] = svds(a,k,0);
 s2 = diag(s2);
 assert(flag,!1);
 assert(s(k:-1:1), s2, 1e-10);
!!!!! test failed
assert (s (k:-1:1),s2,1e-10) expected
   38.060
   38.060
   38.034
   38.034
   38.015
   38.015
   38.004
but got
   38.060
   38.034
   38.034
   38.015
   38.015
   38.004
   38.004

========

So I suspect that there are some problem with lapack left.
(Or may be with arpack.)

I am tempted to recompile everything with either "-ffloat-store" or
"-msse -mfmath=sse2" ...

Any hints would be appreciated.

Sincerely,

Dmitri.