Re: Better quadrature routine in octave

From: Pedro Gonnet
Subject: Re: Better quadrature routine in octave
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 10:26:10 +0100

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 14:17 +0200, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> No, there's no profiler yet (and I don't see it come for quite some time).
>
> At a first glance I see a couple of vectorization possibilities,
> though I can't be sure what the general impact will be.
> Could you provide several test inputs (such as those you used) for
> testing the speed?

Hi Jaroslav,

I've attached the results of the test functions I used for the paper,
now with the implementation I sent you previously and with the results
computed in octave.

I don't have any functions with infinite intervals (the original version
of cquad did not consider this), but I'll check whatever Shampine used
for quadgk and send you some results for that too.

I'm satisfied that the integrator is working correctly, the only thing
that needs work, though, is the speed.

Cheers,
Pedro