Re: Better quadrature routine in octave

From: Pedro Gonnet
Subject: Re: Better quadrature routine in octave
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:50:32 +0100

Hi again,

I just finished re-coding the quadrature routine in C for inclusion in
the GNU Scientific Library. The code is blazingly fast and passes all
the tests in the paper. It produces essentially the same results as the
Octave code, differing only in how it selects the interval with the
smallest error for removal: while Octave uses min(..), the C version
truncates the heap, giving slightly different (yet correct) results for
the more complex integrals in the test series.

If you've got GSL installed anywhere, you can compile the code with

         gcc -g -lm -lgsl -lblas cquad_test.c

The main routine in cquad_test.c implements the battery tests from the
paper.

The code uses the GSL only for its representation of the integrand and
for the error codes. These parts would have to be re-written anyway to
make it conform to the Octave C-language interface.

I've only just started reading the documentation on how to do this, e.g.
add C-language code to Octave. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
Pedro