Re: Adding functions to octave base?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Adding functions to octave base?
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 15:11:15 -0400

On  2-Aug-2010, fork wrote:

| So why don't we bring everything into the main hg tree?

Because there is a lot of stuff in Octave Forge for which (at least
some of) the Octave maintainers to not want to maintain.  There may
also be licensing or political issues.

| (Including emacs mode files -- my latest headache...?)

Emacs mode files should disappear from Octave.  They are part of Emacs
now.

| Not sure how to go about this, as it is a big project.  However, a
| huge part of the appeal of Python is its batteries included
| philosophy, and the Octave project could do that too.

Are all packages written for Python checked in to the core Python VCS?
Maintained by the core developers of Python?