Re: Axes Ticks Positioning in 3D plots (FLTK)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Axes Ticks Positioning in 3D plots (FLTK)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2011 18:38:27 -0500

On Jan 9, 2011, at 6:07 PM, logari81 wrote:

> In the attached patch I have modified the positioning of axes in 3D
> plots, in order to make it more compatible with ML. The current behavior
> of octave without my patch is shown in the attachment
> "axes-ticks-unpatched.png". The new behavior after applying my patch is
> shown in "axes-ticks-patched.png" and corresponds to the behavior of the
> ML version (2010a) that I have access to.
>
> An extra feature that I have included in this patch is switching to
> "tick_along_z" mode for elevation angles less than 5° (it seems that ML
> uses this criterion as well).
>
> Please test this patch for possible regressions.
>
> BR
> Kostas
>
> P.S. A prerequisite for the attached patch is the following:
> https://savannah.gnu.org/support/download.php?file_id=22377
> which is also waiting to be tested/committed.
>
> <axes-ticks-positioning.changeset><axes-ticks-unpatched.png><axes-ticks-patched.png>

The axis box and grid lines appear to create a 3D cube whose contents are
hidden. Thus the globe appears (to me) to be outside the axis limits.

What commands did you use to create this figure?

hmmm ... I don't have the prerequisite patch applied (waiting on the build
now). Will that change my perception.

Ben