Re: Matlab behavior for grid lines [was: branching for release?]

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Matlab behavior for grid lines [was: branching for release?]
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 15:21:11 -0500

On Jan 21, 2011, at 4:39 PM, logari81 wrote:

> Concerning the behavior of ML when minorgrid is enabled, I couldn't
> verify your results with the ML version, that I have access to. Probably
> is quite easy to make grid lines continuous when minor grid is enabled,
> but I would prefer to try it after the branching for 3.4 .

In case you were implying it would be helpful for me to provide more info on
Matlab's behavior. I used the grid demo to produce a trivial script to output
pdf and png files. When the minor grid is on, the major grid for the png file
appears solid. However, the major grid lines for the pdf file remain dotted
(dashed?) with a larger linewidth.

Might we introduce a new property for the axes objects to specify the linestyle
and linewidth for the grid lines?

Maybe "gridlinestyle" and "gridlinewidth" ?

Ben

PNG image