Re: Building on OSX without package managers

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Building on OSX without package managers
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 00:08:30 -0500

On 24-Jan-2011, Richard Campbell wrote:

| > What is in your config.h file?  For F77_FUNC, I would expect something
| > like
| >
| >  #define F77_FUNC(name,NAME) name ## _
| >
| > but it looks like it is not being defined, since there is a
| > diagnostic about it as if it is not being expanded by the
| > preprocessor.
| >
| > jwe
|
| cat config.h | grep -B 2 -i f77_func
| /* Define to a macro mangling the given C identifier (in lower and upper
|    case), which must not contain underscores, for linking with Fortran. */
| /* #undef F77_FUNC */
|
| /* As F77_FUNC, but for C identifiers containing underscores. */
| /* #undef F77_FUNC_ */

That should not happen.

In your config.log file, there should be a line like this:

  configure:28708: checking for Fortran 77 name-mangling scheme

followed by the compile commands tried, information about failed
tests, and then the result.  What do you have for that?  Send
the config.log output to the list if you like, or just this section.
If you send the whole file, please gzip it before you send it as the
config.log file itself is about 1.8MB, but the compressed file is only
about 100k.