Re: 3.6.1 mingw binaries for testing

From: tom yengst
Subject: Re: 3.6.1 mingw binaries for testing
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 21:00:23 -0800

> easy to download, unzip and run on netbook running Windows 7 Home 32-bit
> (mingw installed)
> One problem that I had was plotting - it would just hang on something
> simple like "plot(1:10,1:2:20,'.-')"
>

>It might be related to the fltk graphics related problems reported since
>3.4.2 which are still there. I have faced such problems on one of the two
>systems I am usually testing - XP SP3, core2 cpu (my other system win 7 x64,
>core i3-540 is much less sensitive to thease fltk graphics issues).

>Try running graphics_toolkit('gnuplot') just after startup and se if it
>helps.

This was a first time startup issue. After executing a plot command, I
waited for ~ 3 minutes before the plot appeared. Afterwards, plots
appeared immediately after execution.

startup / exit / restart - plots still come up immediately. Some sort
of setup must have been going on during the initial plot command.
Annoying, but not a show stopper.

Nice job - it just works out of the box. That's a big step for a
windows installation.
Now if it would just work with GUI Octave, life would be very cool.

cheers,
Tom