Re: Octave/GUI tests

From: marco atzeri
Subject: Re: Octave/GUI tests
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 14:23:52 +0200

On 5/27/2012 10:45 PM, Michael Goffioul wrote:
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:00 PM, Jacob Dawid <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hey Michael,

    thank you for testing! Here is a short reply to give you an idea of
    how I want to tackle these issues:

        - terminal widget not behaving correctly; after start-up, I see
        "undecodable token: \001b(hex)[?1034h" appearing; it seems that
        the terminal size is not adapted properly in the pty, this is
        especially visible when starting "system('vim')"
        - probably related to the previous one, pager doesn't work
        properly; I start the GUI with "./bin/octave-gui" in a terminal;
        at octave prompte, when using the pager, I can't control it from
        the octave terminal widget, I have to type my commands in the
        terminal where I started the GUI

    These are tricky issues I have still to figure out. Since the bug
    must be somewhere in qterminal, I can't really tell what is the
    issue here. Any help, ideas or hints are appreciated.

Marco already gave some hints. It seems some #define are missing. This
indicates that a proper autodetection of features may prevent the
problem (like using autoconf). Maybe a sync with current KDE sources may
also help.

Michel,
built and tested octave and gui on cygwin with latest tip.
No build issues.

Running the GUI, I see :

- "undecodable token: \001b(hex)[?1034h" is present

- the prompt is correctly located in the gui.
  Defining HAVE_OPENPTY was the solution in my case, but I expect
  different systems could have different requirement for the pty
  characteristics.

The two defines are in:
$ find . -iname "*.pro" -exec grep  -H HAVE_OPENPTY \{\} \;
./qterminal/libqterminal/libqterminal.pro:
    DEFINES       += HAVE_POSIX_OPENPT HAVE_PTY_H HAVE_OPENPTY
./qterminal/qterminal/qterminal.pro:
    DEFINES += HAVE_PTY_H HAVE_OPENPTY

No idea how to perform a functionality test on qmake.

Michael.

Regards
Marco