Re: Result: Octave-UPM on Windows :-(

From: Alexander Hansen
Subject: Re: Result: Octave-UPM on Windows :-(
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 11:00:18 -0700

On 11/10/12 10:55 AM, Benjamin Abbott wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Benjamin Abbott <address@hidden
> <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 10, 2012, at 12:31 PM, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso
>> <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

>>> It installs headers, right? What's in the "command line tools for
>>> Xcode" that we can't distribute freely?
>>>
>>> - Jordi G. H.
>>
>> I've been meaning look at the copyright for the headers used by Xcode,
>> but keep forgetting.  Has anyone taken a peek?
>>
>> Ben
>
> A google from my phone found this.
>
> http://kennethreitz.com/xcode-gcc-and-homebrew.html
>
> Ben

Quoting one of our no-longer active folks:

"
I'm not sure if this is true about osx-gcc-installer. But what I do
know is that osx-gcc-installer is definitely Non-Free. It's not built
from source, but produced by extracting files from Apple's installer.
A number of these files are not Free, for example the AVFoundation
headers. I'm not even sure why it would be distributable, except for
the pragmatic reason that Apple doesn't seem to have cracked down on
it (yet).
"

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.