Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:51:42 -0400

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 17:30:55 +0100, Carnë Draug wrote:
> I'm thinking of moving the multiple packages we currently have in
> Octave Forge to individual mercurial repositories. Does anyone have
> any opinion on the subject or would oppose to it?

I am in favor of moving from svn to mercurial. That said, I have
noticed some packages have dependencies outside of their directory
structure (e.g. main/comm/doc/Makefile) that might introduce some
small breakage here and there when they are made into individual
projects. Certainly fixable, just something to watch out for.

--
mike