Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial

From: Carnë Draug
Subject: Re: Moving to Octave Forge to mercurial
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 18:54:47 +0100

On 13 June 2013 18:43, Philip Nienhuis <address@hidden> wrote:
> Yet substituting three hg commands for just one svn command
> isn't what I would call "as simple" [1]
>
> [1] svn:  "ci"
> mercurial: "hg pull -u && hg ci && hg push" (from your email of May 28,
> 2012)

I don't think this is a correct comparison. The equivalent to that in
svn would be 2 commands

svn update # the hg pull -u equivalent
svn ci # the hg commit and push

The whole point of separating the last in 2 commands is one of the
reasons why I'm suggesting the move, so it's not something bad. It's a
key concept of distributed revision control system.

Carnë