Re: gl2ps is no longer distributed with Octave

From: PhilipNienhuis
Subject: Re: gl2ps is no longer distributed with Octave
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2013 01:11:50 -0700 (PDT)

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 10/30/2013 01:42 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>> Il 10/29/2013 11:19 PM, Rik ha scritto:
>>> 10/29/13
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> gl2ps, which is required for printing or saving figures with OpenGL
>>> graphics, is no longer distributed with Octave. It is widely available
>>> as
>>> a pre-compiled binary through most packaging systems so it makes more
>>> sense
>>> to have it as an external dependency. For those building Octave right
>>> now,
>>> you will need the gl2ps and gl2ps-dev packages (or something similarly
>>> named).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Rik
>>>

>> thanks for the advise.
>> I will prepare the cygwin packages
>
> I also added rules to mxe-octave to build the gl2ps package.
>
> jwe

John W. Eaton wrote
> On 10/30/2013 01:42 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
>> Il 10/29/2013 11:19 PM, Rik ha scritto:
>>> 10/29/13
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> gl2ps, which is required for printing or saving figures with OpenGL
>>> graphics, is no longer distributed with Octave. It is widely available
>>> as
>>> a pre-compiled binary through most packaging systems so it makes more
>>> sense
>>> to have it as an external dependency. For those building Octave right
>>> now,
>>> you will need the gl2ps and gl2ps-dev packages (or something similarly
>>> named).
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Rik
>>>

>> thanks for the advise.
>> I will prepare the cygwin packages
>
> I also added rules to mxe-octave to build the gl2ps package.

A native mxe-octave build (on WinXP) now breaks on gl2ps.

mxe-octave checked out yesterday
$ hg -v summary
parent: 3276:7a7d2318ca93 tip
 octave.mk: depend on gl2ps

In MinGW, after cloning mxe-octave I cd'd to mxe-octave/ & did:
autoconf
source tools/set_mxe_env.sh
./configure --enable-native-buid --enable-openblas --enable-system-gcc
./mk-dist --jobs 2 --installer

My local MinGW gcc version is 4.7.2

The build got hung at building libtool. Just interrupt & restart did the
trick there.

gl2ps build essentially complains about Cmake "not being able to compile a
simple c program".
The actual commands are a bit difficult for me to follow as it is in Cmake
code.

The gl2ps log is attached.

Philip
gl2ps <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/file/n4658711/gl2ps>