GSoC 2014

From: Ishan Manjani
Subject: GSoC 2014
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 23:42:09 +0530

Sir
I am Ishan Manjani from India, currently in my sophomore year at IIIT Delhi perusing Computer Science Engineering.

I was going through the suggested ideas for projects of the organisation that people can undertake during this summer as a part of GSoC and the one project that interests me is the Numerical project. Having taken a course on Linear Algebra, I understand all the Mathematics behind the functions that are implemented in Octave. Also having done a lot of work in C/C++ previously I think implementing code for new problems would be that difficult. I know this is a bit late to start (since the application process is about to being), but I believe it is never too late. Also having used a lot of Octave while taking a course on Machine Learning, I have tweaked around it a lot.

I would request you to give me a direction to start with, so that in the less time left (before the application process ends), I am able to do something atleast for the community. Below is the link for a project that I along with a colleague made for an Operating Systems course. It is a mini Linux Shell, with functionalities such as multiple pipes, redirection operator history etc.

https://github.com/pulkitarora21/LinuxShell

Hoping to work with the community

--
Regards