Re: X protocol errors

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: X protocol errors
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 15:10:06 -0400

On 03/04/2014 01:55 PM, Mike Miller wrote:
On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 13:36:47 -0500, John W. Eaton wrote:
I've been getting some complaints about X protocol errors that look like
this:

   Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
     Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
     Resource id:  0x0
   Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
     Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
     Resource id:  0x0
   Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
     Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
     Resource id:  0x0
   Warning: X Error: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter) 9
     Major opcode: 62 (X_CopyArea)
     Resource id:  0x0

I believe they are happening when the Octave GUI (3.8.0) is running on
a remote system (local X DISPLAY).

Does anyone else see errors like this when running the Octave GUI?

Definitely when Octave is running on Xvnc:

   http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?41304

IIRC the errors correspond to the first appearance of any popup menu,
e.g. menu bar, context menu.

I'm not familiar with Xvnc and I'm still unable to duplicate this error. Would you be able to run Octave with gdb and get a stack trace at the point of the error, or find out exactly what pixmap is missing?