Re: CI integration for Octave on OSX

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: CI integration for Octave on OSX
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 08:46:40 -0500

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 10:45:35 +0100, c. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Brad from the macports project offered to help us set up a
> Continuous Integration (CI) OS X system online for Octave.
>
> To get this started it would help to have the details of
> the "build.x86_64-darwin" builder on Hydra:
>
> http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/octave-default#tabs-jobs
>
> I am not an expert with the Hydra system can someone help with this?

Yes, absolutely. I think I'm the closest thing to an expert that we have
here :/

To start, the Octave part of the Hydra build job is here:

  http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/hydra-recipes.git/tree/octave/release.nix

This file describes what other builds Octave depends on, and what
options and environment are needed to run bootstrap, configure, make,
etc.

Btw, there seems to be a "x86_64-darwin" target available in Hydra, I am
honestly not sure what it consists of, but several of the GNU builds are
using it, e.g.

  http://hydra.nixos.org/jobset/gnu/emacs-trunk#tabs-jobs

I could try adding that target to our build file and just see what
happens...

--
mike