Re: CI integration for Octave on OSX

From: c.
Subject: Re: CI integration for Octave on OSX
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 16:41:16 +0100

On 4 Dec 2014, at 15:12, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:

> I think it is ok to require Mac OS >= 10.9.

If we require Mac OS >= 10.9 we can as well require Mac OS >= 10.10
and save ourselves some headaches.

I think the only bacward compatibility that would make sense is with Snow
Leopard
There are users that are stuck with this version because it was the last
version
with rosetta and carbon that also ran on PPC.

Other than that I think it is OK to expect a vast majority of Mac users to keep
up with the latest free OS X updates as Apple is pushing quite hard towrds this.

So, IMO, if it is easy to support multiple versions of OSX that is OK,
otherwise
if it saves us some effort we could just stick with the latest version.

> Can Octave and the dependencies be built to support all x86_64 hardware
> (Core2Duo, i5, i7, etc)?
>
> Ben

c.