Re: odepkg: odeset profile tests

From: Carlo De Falco
Subject: Re: odepkg: odeset profile tests
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 10:55:19 +0000

On 4 Dec 2014, at 10:07, Jacopo Corno <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Furthermore, it seems fuzzy_compare would need to go into Octave core as
>> well, but as it is now
>> it is absolutely not acceptable, formatting, documentation and comments
>> (too many useless and annoyingly verbose comments don't make the code more
>> readable)
>> all need a lot of improvement.
>
> I will take care of that.
>>
>> c.
>>
> Jacopo

Hi,

I had a look at your changes to fuzzy_compare, it is getting better
but still not there.

I made changes in a clone of your repo but creating a pull request
does not seem to work. I contacted bitbucket support about it.
In the meantime, I attach the changesets below.

Main changes:

 - The copyright notice must be changed if you want this to go
   into core.

 - Long lines should be truncate in comments as well.

 - Comments should be written in imperative mood:

  - ## initializing the vector that will contain the distances
  - values = inf .* ones (fields_nb, 1);
  + ## initialize the vector that will contain the distances
  + values = inf .* ones (fields_nb, 1);

I did not remove comments, but I still think that some of them like
the one above are absolutely useless and redundant.

you can apply this changes to your repo with the command

 hg import <filename>

c.