Re: Compiled Octave 3.8.2 for Android. Plotting with gnuplot?

From: hl2modrift
Subject: Re: Compiled Octave 3.8.2 for Android. Plotting with gnuplot?
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:42:35 -0800 (PST)

I have fixed this problem by recompiling Octave in a path that reflects the
one on-device. It seems when compiled, the links octave uses to find things
are hard-coded rather than relative. (E.G. /usr/lib/liboctave.so instead of
../lib/liboctave.so from the point of the binary.) This is rather
inconvenient for cross-compiling, where on some systems you can't place
things into /usr/lib, although I recognize this is a niche-case. Also, if
anyone is interested, I will eventually do a writeup on XDA, as well as
provide a binary. I have yet to work out a few kinks, gnuplot refusing to
recognize libgd on configure and the overall size of octave (>1GiB), but I
don't believe these will be as hard as some previous ones.

Daniel Sebald wrote
> On 12/19/2014 10:30 PM, Forrest Carroll wrote:
>

>> I can register gnuplot just fine, and it will show in the list of
>> available graphics toolkits, but Octave refuses to load it.
>
> How so?  Please show the command and list that is created for the
> toolkits.
>
> Dan

Also, the commands I referenced were these:

        octave:1> register_graphics_toolkit()    #Accepts a string, e.g.
"gnuplot".
        octave:2> available_graphics_toolkits() #Returns an array listing
registered graphics toolkits.
        octave:3> loaded_graphics_toolkits()    #Returns an array listing
loaded graphics toolkits.