Re: gnuplot graphics toolkit bugs

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: gnuplot graphics toolkit bugs
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 09:18:38 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----

> From: Daniel J Sebald
> To: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
> Cc: Maintainers List Octave
> Date: 2015/6/24, Wed 01:49
> Subject: Re: gnuplot graphics toolkit bugs
>
> On 06/23/2015 04:06 AM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
>
>>>  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?38914
>>>  bug #38914: Gnuplot axis reverse is not working with gnuplot 5
>>

>>  I added information of gnuplot version and NOTE in change in reverse option
> to the
>>  bug #38914.
>
> OK.  I see you updated that note.  The issue you referred to, i.e.,
> has-feature
> "has_termoption_dashed", in gnuplot >=4, <5 series, has been
> addressed in the changeset associated with
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?34523
> bug #34523: surf() with gnuplot does not handle FaceColor correctly
>
> where I added a has-feature "dashtype" in order to add control for
> line characteristics.
>
> We should probably open a new bug report or patch for utilizing
> "dashtype" in gnuplot 5+.  I don't think it is as simple as
> replacing "has_termoption_dashed" with "dashtype" because
> the term option is probably set at a different location in the gnuplot stream
> than is linetype qualifier, i.e., one is used when the terminal (output type)
> is
> selected, the other as part of the plot/splot command.

For gnuplot version 5, dashed/dotted line can be treated irrespective to kind
of terminal.
In addition, we can define dashed/dotted types by the gnuplot script.

The code can be written in unified way and line property of dashed/dotted with
wide various types.

Another change in gnuplot 5 is that enhanced mode is default so that no need to
set enhanced option.
In addition. \oblique keyword is active not only postscript but also all other
terminal.

Tatsuro