Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 16:01:36 +0900 (JST)

----- Original Message -----
>From: Abhinav Tripathi
>To: Mike Miller ; Tatsuro MATSUOKA
>Cc: "Octave-maintainers>Date: 2016/6/16, Thu 14:36
>Subject: Re: Building PyTave on windows - cygwin
>

>Did the pytave configure give any errors or warnings, everything in the
>>summary at the end looked like it was detected and correct?
>>

>Yes, it gave a warning that 'uselocale' is not supported on this platform.
>
>Except that everything else in the summary looked correct.
>

>These are likely coming from the interaction between libtool and the
>>lib*.la files that appear to be part of the Windows binary distribution.
>>In short, libtool libraries install themselves plus a little helper
>>shell script that stores details about the library, including installed
>>location and dependencies. These are a hint, strictly unnecessary, and I
>>usually delete them first thing because they tend to cause more problems
>>than they solve, in my humble experience.
>>
>>Try deleting the liboct*.la files and see if that helps.
>>
>>--
>>mike
>>

>Thanks, deleting the liboct*.la files helped. I now get some errors about some
>libraries (lapack, GraphickMagik, ...) not found. I'll install them and try
>again.

Those are included in the octave directory. You should not use outside
libraries.
Perhaps using external (lapack, GraphickMagik, ...) will cause conflict in the
future.

I do no know the Pytave build system so that I cannot tell you what should be
done in detail.
Octave build system has configure options that use external libraries at
non-standard place like

--with-java-homedir=/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/bin \
--with-java-includedir=/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/include \
--with-java-libdir=/c/Program\ Files\ \(x86\)/Java/jdk1.8.0_91/lib

(The above is example to use the oracle JAVA jdk for octave for windows.)

Does such configure options not exit on Pytave?

Tatsuro