Re: common warning id for double->object conversion

From: LachlanA
Subject: Re: common warning id for double->object conversion
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 17:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

Colin Macdonald-2 wrote
> On 22/06/16 08:48, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
>>  we should use the same
>> warning id.
>
> Good idea.  Do you think its appropriate to use the "Octave" namespace?

What is the purpose of the "Octave" namespace?  If it were up to me, only
Octave core warnings would use the Octave namespace, and all forge packages
would use their own namespace (such as "Forge:") for new warnings.  Packages
could still throw existing Octave: namespace warnings.

My particular reason for that is that I would like to add a system that
warns users if they try to set a non-existent warning in the Octave
namespace (such as warning people when  Octave:automatic-broadcast
disappeared).  That is not possible if external entities can create their
own warnings in the Octave: namespace.

Cheers,
Lachlan