Re: Release 4.2 Kickoff

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Release 4.2 Kickoff
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 00:56:27 -0400

On 06/28/2016 12:49 AM, Rik wrote:
On 06/27/2016 07:41 PM, Tatsuro MATSUOKA wrote:
I found in Bug Fix List - 4.2 Release at The following bugs must be fixed
prior to the next release. See also the 4.2 Release Checklist . Cannot we
list bugs that will be hopefully fixed on 4.2? Bug on windows #42036 and
#43099 are long lived and I think it is not easy to fix in short term.
However, to memorize I would like file them to the wiki at lower
priority. Tatsuro

Yes, go ahead and add them to the list.  If we determine that they can't be
fixed before the release date then we will mark them with "WON'T FIX".

What about just tagging them as blockers in the bug tracker instead of duplicating info in the wiki?

It's fairly easy to display only blocking bugs in the tracker by choosing to browse using the advanced query form and then choosing blocker from the severity list.