Re: Continuing Octave graphics problems

From: edmund ronald
Subject: Re: Continuing Octave graphics problems
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 17:07:08 +0200

Hi Sebastian -

 I think you've been watching too much TV with Mr. Trump, my name is Ronald, and people usually call me Edmund. :)

 I haven't verified the qt bug on Ubuntu. If you have a link to an easy script, I can run it in the VM; AFAIK the Octave version which is now on "stable" is 4.02.

 I would be more worried that we might have some numerical disparities between platforms; in fact we did some research at the Applied Maths Lab of Ecole Polytéchnique, and found that numerical disparities are to be expected between platforms and even software upgrades, for just about any code.

Edmund

On 2016-08-02, edmund ronald <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Vic,
>
>  If you need to use a Mac you could use my seamless VM installer which is also linked to off the wiki http://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_MacOS_X.
>  This version of Octave *is* the Ubuntu stable version, and *should* provide you with good graphics although one user has complained recently of a failure we cannot trace.

Hi Donald,

did you verify that the qt bug is not present on Ubuntu?

Seb.