Re: Working on bvp4c

From: c.
Subject: Re: Working on bvp4c
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2016 00:56:01 +0200

On 6 Aug 2016, at 15:38, lakerluke <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now in order to form the Jacobian terms [1] the paper says they use the
> function numjac to calculate the partial derivatives. I believe Octave does
> not have such a function...
>
> Does anyone know of any equivalent method in octave to numjac? Do you think
> this is something I am going to have to implement first?

There are functions to compute numerical jacobians in the optim package,
I believe the code of one such functions is replicated in ode23s in the
package odepkg to avoid placing a dependency of odepkg on optim.

I highly recommend having an m-file only implementation of bvp4c, at
least as a first step.

c.