SUNDIALS with IDAKLU unclear warning message

From: Mike Miller
Subject: SUNDIALS with IDAKLU unclear warning message
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2017 12:47:13 -0800

Hi Francesco, all,

I recently noticed this warning message when configuring Octave

  SUNDIALS_IDA library configured with klu not found. Solvers ode15i and ode15s
will be disabled.

I wonder if we could make this message a little clearer and more
accurate? Initially I started looking for things called "klu" on my
system and found that I have the libklu library that is part of
SuiteSparse, but this was a false lead.

Am I correct in guessing that it's the version of SUNDIALS that matters
here, not how the library was configured by the user/admin? Debian has
SUNDIALS 2.5.0, and when it gets a newer version (2.6.0 or higher) it
should have the IDAKLU solver, right?

Does a message like this describe your intent accurately enough?

  SUNDIALS_IDA library with IDAKLU solver not found. Solvers ode15i and ode15s
will be disabled.

This looks better to me.

--
mike