Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch

From: kingcrimson
Subject: Re: Parallel and MPI with default branch
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:47:41 +0100

> On 22 Jan 2018, at 14:21, Sebastian Schöps <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Dear Carlo, dear Olaf,
>
> do you guys have versions of the parallel and mpi package ready that work
> with the default branch? Are you actively maintaining the packages?
>
> * parallel does not compile, see e.g.
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52877
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51197
>
> * the official 1.2.0 mpi (from octave-forge) does not compile with default,
> albeit recently updated (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?52766). However, the
> forked (?) 2.0 version from Milano (https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45294)
> also fails during compilation. First error is
> MPI_Recv.cc:79:15: error: no matching function for call to 'MPI_Get_count'.
>
> I want to run some parallel simulations these days and would be glad to use
> either of the two packages.
>
> Bye
> Sebastian

MPI is no longer maintained on octave-forge.
The version available on bitbucket, which you should be able to download from
here:

https://bitbucket.org/cdf1/octave-mpi/downloads/

worked correctly for me on the default development branch as of the beginning
of 2018.
If recent changest to Octave have broken the package please let me know so I
can fix it.

c.