Octave 5.0 Release

From: Rik
Subject: Octave 5.0 Release
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 21:10:38 -0800

All,

The next release of Octave, version 5.0, is scheduled for the end of the
year.  I have been the release manager for the last few cycles, but don't
have the time to do it this year.  If there are one or two people that
could lead the effort this year it would be most appreciated.  I can help
out with suggestions, and there is a checklist for the release process in
etc/RELEASE.PROCESS that can become a page on the Octave Wiki.

Let me know if you can help.  Thanks,
Rik