Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Having problem building on macOS Mojave
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2018 16:52:13 +0800

> On Dec 25, 2018, at 4:19 PM, Anadi Kashyap <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> On Dec 24, 2018, at 9:22 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> A couple of mail-list pointers.
>>>
>>> 1) We try to restrict posts to text only (no html).
>>> 2) Please reply at the bottom (bottom posting) so that the many mail-list
>>> archives can be read from top to bottom.,
>>>

> Thanks for pointing it out, I didn't know about it until now, I hope I'm
> doing it correctly now. Any suggestions?
>
>>> Back to the build problems, I’m using the taps below. Please check yours.
>>>
>>> brew tap
>>> dpo/openblas
>>> homebrew/cask
>>> homebrew/core
>
> The reason I hadn't installed sundials27 was because I didn't have the
> dpo/openblas tap. I've installed it now and it's giving me this error:
>
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS NVECTOR serial library not found.  Solvers
> ode15i and ode15s will be disabled.
> configure: WARNING: SUNDIALS IDA library not found.  Solvers ode15i and
> ode15s will be disabled.
>
> I'll try finding a solution if there already is for this issue, right now I'm
> focusing on other issues. Will update you if I can't find any solution.
>
> homebrew’s current qt is 5.12. Which does not include qcollectiongenerator in
> /usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/bin
>
> The older qt 5.11.2 does include qcollectiongeneratore in
> /usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.11.2/bin
>
> Switching back to 5.11.2 worked for me.
>
>   brew switch qt5 5.11.2
>
> I couldn't do it because I did not have qt 5.11.2 on my machine and my
> internet is too slow to download it right now as I'm in a hotel right now.
>
> On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 7:37 AM Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Dec 24, 2018, at 11:08 AM, Ben Abbott <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> homebrew’s current qt is 5.12. Which does not include qcollectiongenerator
>> in /usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/bin
>>
>> The older qt 5.11.2 does include qcollectiongeneratore in
>> /usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.11.2/bin
>>
>> Switching back to 5.11.2 worked for me.
>>
>>   brew switch qt5 5.11.2
>>
>> My configure now ends with the result below.
>>
>>   Build Octave Qt GUI:                  yes (version: 5)
>>   JIT compiler for loops:               no
>>   Build Java interface:                 yes
>>   Build static libraries:               no
>>   Build shared libraries:               yes
>>   Dynamic Linking API:                  dlopen
>>   Include support for GNU readline:     yes
>>   64-bit array dims and indexing:       yes
>>   64-bit BLAS array dims and indexing:  no
>>   OpenMP SMP multithreading:            no
>>   Truncate intermediate FP results:     yes
>>   Build cross tools:                    no
>>   Build docs:                           yes
>>
>> Ben
>>

> I’ve modified the configure script. It now works with the Qt version supplied
> by homebrew (5.12.0).
>
> Ben
>

> This worked! Although now I'm getting this:
>
> configure: WARNING: QAbstractItemModel::beginResetModel not found; disabling
> Qt GUI
>
> I found a thread you started where you encountered this issue as well but I
> didn't find any solution there.

Please confirm you’re running the new script. It should include the part below.
The “-F…” indicates that frameworks should be used. The warning you’re seeing
was resolved when I switched to frameworks and included QT_CPPFLAGS in CPPFLAGS
and QT_LDFLAGS in LDFLAGS.

brew switch qt5 5.12.0
QCOLLECTIONGENERATOR=qhelpgenerator
export QCOLLECTIONGENERATOR
QT_CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/qt/include"
export QT_CPPFLAGS
QT_LDFLAGS="-F/usr/local/opt/qt/lib"
export QT_LDFLAGS

The easiest way to confirm is to edit config.log and search on "Qt LDFLAGS”
(case-sensitive), and examine the Qt related lines. Mine are below.

  Qt CPPFLAGS:
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtNetwork.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtPrintSupport.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtHelp.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtWidgets.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtGui.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtSql.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtXml.framework/Headers
-I/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib/QtCore.framework/Headers
  Qt LDFLAGS:                    -F/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.12.0/lib
  Qt GUI libraries:              -framework QtNetwork -framework QtPrintSupport
-framework QtHelp -framework QtWidgets -framework QtGui -framework QtSql
-framework QtXml -framework QtCore  -lqscintilla2_qt5
  Qt OpenGL libraries:           -framework QtOpenGL -framework QtWidgets
-framework QtGui -framework QtCore
  Qt moc:                        moc
  Qt uic:                        uic
  Qt rcc:                        rcc
  Qt lrelease:                   lrelease
  Qt qcollectiongenerator:       qhelpgenerator
  Qt qhelpgenerator:             qhelpgenerator

Ben