Re: Octave should create a forum

From: GoSim
Subject: Re: Octave should create a forum
Date: Sat, 4 Jan 2020 07:35:01 -0600 (CST)

Carnë Draug wrote

> The point being raised here is that a forum "would increase activity
> with more questions and answers" but what features in the forum would
> actually enable that?  This should help in make a better choice, not
> only whether we should get a forum or not, but also what type of
> forum.  You mentioned discourse and GoSim mentioned phpBB (freecad
> forum) which are very different.

phpBB, FreeCAD style forum is better than discourse, it has some graphics,
colors and more of an identity than discourse that is almost purely text and
sterile. A forum with nice colors, octave colors, maybe some Octave musical
notes as pictures, it gives the forum an identity which is good at a human
level. And the whole point is to attract humans.

--
Sent from: https://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html