Re: Hosting plot demos

From: Pantxo Diribarne
Subject: Re: Hosting plot demos
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2020 23:12:19 +0100

Le 05/01/2020 à 17:52, Andreas Weber a écrit :
Hi Pantxo,

Am 05.01.20 um 15:36 schrieb Pantxo Diribarne:
I'd like to start tracking regression in the graphics/printing system
ahead of Octave 6.1 release. For this we need to run plot demos and make
them available on a central place.
This is a very good idea.
Btw, I always had the dream to build something with php which let
users/contributors compare the resulting plots and have some radiobuttons:

[ ] as good as or better than the other software product
[ ] some minor details
[ ] major issue, describe here:

.. or something like that and being able to filter the results

Andy, since you have "traditionally" hosted the plot demo comparison
pages on your server, I took the liberty to cc you directly, in case you
would accept to continue.
Sure, I can continue to host it.

-- Andy

Thanks Andy! I'll ask the demos to be run on Matlab and come back to you with a set of images to be uploaded.

Now about your proposition of interactively "rating" demos, how would you compile those information? In any event I know nothing about php and it thus looks to me like a big project.

Pantxo