Re: Need tests for new MEX interface functions run in recent version of

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Need tests for new MEX interface functions run in recent version of Matlab
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2020 22:07:23 -0600

On 1/14/20 7:31 PM, Gene Harvey wrote:

R2019b

1. Yes. The error displayed is "Array must not be complex."
2. The function actually returns NULL, and the file does not terminate.

I also tried both with Int16. Here, mxGetPr returns a pointer to the
data, as expected, but mxGetDoubles returns NULL rather than
terminating. This doesn't seem to match with the documentation, and I
did build it as a MEX file, so maybe someone else can confirm what I'm
seeing.

Yes, the documentation clearly states that it should throw an error and terminate the mex function. The behavior you are seeing looks more like what is described if you had built a standalone application instead of a mex function.