Re: Octave 5.2.0 release

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: Octave 5.2.0 release
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 20:00:54 +0900

On 2/8/20 9:38 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 2/7/20 9:04 PM, Kai Torben Ohlhus wrote:
>
>> I think you did not announce the 5.2.0 release yet?
>
> Sorry for the delay.  It's out now, though I just noticed that I screwed
> up the Subject line where I accidentally wrote 5.2.1 instead of 5.2.0,
> but I did use 5.2.0 everywhere else so I won't worry about it for now.
> But, OOPS.
>
>> If you take 4.4.1
>> as template, instead of writing a "Summary of bugs fixed for version",
>> you can refer to the website, where I prepared a nice looking list [1]
>
> Thanks for generating the list.  I decided to include it in the email
> but yes, it should definitely also be on the web pages, so thanks for
> taking care of that.
>
>> Referring only to FTP mirrors https://ftpmirror.gnu.org/octave might be
>> helpful to balance traffic.
>
> OK, I edited the announcement to recommend using ftpmirror and to only
> use ftp.gnu.org as a last resort.
>
> jwe

jwe, thank you for announcing the release and all the work of building
the MXE versions, that I hoped to be able to build myself.  Sorry for
the trouble, but for 6.1 I gained much more experience now.

Also many thanks to you developers and users for trying out the release
candidates and for providing valuable feedback for last minute fixes.

I finished updating the website and the wiki, thus every Octave user who
allows Octave to connect to the internet should receive a nice
notification by now =)

Kai