Re: McAfee whitelist request

From: Andreas Weber
Subject: Re: McAfee whitelist request
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 22:06:42 +0100

Am 21.02.20 um 16:56 schrieb Nicholas Jankowski:
> the attached zip contains a file in a recent build of GNU Octave
> v5.2.0_1 that is triggering what we believe to be false positives on
> systems using McAfee Viruscan products after a recent definition update.

Sent to "address@hidden" after making sure Johns signature
matches for the archive.

I got an automated reply:
McAfee Labs - Beaverton

Current Scan Engine Version:6000.8403

Current DAT Version:9538.0000

Thank you for your submission.

Analysis ID: 10915218

File Name            Findings                       Detection
         Type         Extra
--------------------|------------------------------|----------------------------|------------|-----
libsqlite3-0.dll    |current detection             |rdn/generic.dx
        |Trojan      |no

current detection [libsqlite3-0.dll]

   The file submitted is malware that can be detected with current DAT
files. It is
recommended that you update your DAT and engine files and scan your
computer again.

Note –

Due to the prevalence of network gateway AV products, it is important
that all
submissions be zipped and the zip file password-protected (password -
infected). Some
products will reject an email that contains a virus that is not sent in
this way. In
addition, often we receive a file that appears not to have been
infected, to find
later that the file was infected when it left the sender, and was
cleaned somewhere
along the line.

Regards,

What about the other false detections?