Re: McAfee whitelist request

From: Nicholas Jankowski
Subject: Re: McAfee whitelist request
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020 17:01:21 -0500

Thanks!

current detection [libsqlite3-0.dll]

   The file submitted is malware that can be detected with current DAT
files. It is
recommended that you update your DAT and engine files and scan your
computer again.

and of course the website says "if the submission response shows a detection and you believe the detection to still be invalid, contact Technical Support",  and the only way to do that is through the Paid Registration only support portal...

What about the other false detections?
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/e1656cdb03908796a9c90eb7409ca44f8e859ab73f44a498cadc68c00a3b5ff8/details

-- Andy

Hey, at least it's 10 not 11. someone must have whitelisted it already!  They of course have a paid account tool for submitting software for broad whitelisting.

Here's the list for all their tool companies:
https://support.virustotal.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002146809-Contributors

Ones I found quickly:
Cyren -
https://www.cyren.com/support/reporting-av-misclassifications

Trendmicro - similar upload through:  https://success.trendmicro.com/smb-new-request
Issue Type:  Threat Issue
Issue Category: File False Positive

Avast :

the other 7 my corporate firewall won't let me visit.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯