Re: [mxe] stable build from source

From: Kai Torben Ohlhus
Subject: Re: [mxe] stable build from source
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 10:36:48 +0900

On 7/10/20 7:51 AM, Stefan Pofahl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to compile the "stable" version on a Ubuntu 20.04 machine.
> This is what I have to report:
>
> The message was:
>
> Download failed or wrong checksum of package libbiosig!
> Platz: http://agora.octave.org/mxe-pkg-src/biosig-2.0.4.src.tar.gz [folgend]
> --2020-07-08 11:29:58--
>  http://agora.octave.org/mxe-pkg-src/biosig-2.0.4.src.tar.gz
> Auflösen des Hostnamens agora.octave.org <http://agora.octave.org>
> (agora.octave.org <http://agora.octave.org>) ... 162.243.101.184
> Verbindungsaufbau zu agora.octave.org <http://agora.octave.org>
> (agora.octave.org <http://agora.octave.org>)|162.243.101.184|:80 ...
> verbunden.
> HTTP-Anforderung gesendet, auf Antwort wird gewartet ... 404 Not Found
> 2020-07-08 11:29:58 FEHLER 404: Not Found.
> Download failed!
>
> I manually downloaded and copied the pkg-archive file
> "biosig-2.0.4.src.tar.gz"
> into the folder specified by means of switch "--with-pkg-dir", but this
> was not helpful.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stefan

Hi Stefan,

To my knowledge when mxe-octave tries to contact agora.octave.org
(package backup location?) the connection to the primary download source
(in this case SourceForge [SF]) is too slow or SF is down for a while
again.  One help is to wait a few hours for SF to fix its issues.

If you downloaded the package manually, you can put it into the "/pkg"
directory inside your mxe-octave repository.  By default all package
source files get downloaded there.

You are right, with the "--with-pkg-dir" option you specify a custom
location for the default "/pkg" directory, thus you have to download
everything all over again.

HTH,
Kai