How to cherry-pick changes in gnulib in the future

From: Markus Mützel
Subject: How to cherry-pick changes in gnulib in the future
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 15:26:37 +0200

I updated the `HACKING.md` file to take the deleted gnulib subrepository into
account:
https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ecb8ffc51cfa

In the earlier version I read that the gnulib subrepository was used in the
past to cherry-pick necessary changes when we didn't want to do a full update
for a point release.
Is there still a process how this could be done now that we use the `bootstrap`
script to `git update` to a set revision?

Markus