Re: dev build problem

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: dev build problem
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2021 10:46:21 -0400

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 10:08 AM John W. Eaton <jwe@octave.org> wrote:
On 8/15/21 12:37 AM, Dmitri A. Sergatskov wrote:
> I also noticed that lt-octave-gui is trying to load .oct files from the
> locally installed octave:
>
>   ./lt-octave-gui

I don't see lt-octave-gui in my build tree.  How is that file generated?

It is in src/.libs
It builds docs during make.

The run-octave script should set environment variables correctly so that
running octave in the build tree will properly search for files in the
build tree instead of any previously installed version.

I removed locally installed octave from buildbot computer.

 > QSocketNotifier: Can only be used with threads started with QThread

I don't see this message when I start Octave on my system.

Most of the buildbots seem to be OK now.  Maybe Markus' later change
fixed the problems?

I still have it. Perhaps it is a Qt problem? (5.15.2 on fedora)

I also see a build failure on Windows systems and I checked in a change
for that.

Looking at the mxe-native* buildbot logs, I see some possible problems
with building packages.  I'll take a closer look if those happen again
with the next round of builds.

jwe

Dmitri.