openexr-user

[Openexr-user] can't configure with nvidia sdk

From: Tensor G
Subject: [Openexr-user] can't configure with nvidia sdk
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 16:15:50 +0000

hi all,
i'am thinking about studing a bit the EXR image format, and so i am tring to install OpenEXR 1.1.0. I dnloaded the src tar and i untarred it.

I went ./configure and... it tells me it lacks NVIDIA sdk.

now i dnloaded the sdk and successfully make-ed it too. It built the usual .a files in the directory ~/exrstuff/NVSDK/LIBS/lib

libnvio.a     libnvmath.a   libnvpng.a   libnvvarpdrhelper.a  libunzip.a
libnvmanip.a  libnvparse.a  libnvutil.a  libparamgl.a

now i tried again to configure openEXR but still it tells me it lacks the NVidia SDK... now how should i tell it that i DO have the sdk compiled?

i use the command:

./configure --with-nvsdk-prefix= ~/exrstuff/NVsdk/LIBS/libs/

but it keeps sayng:

checking for Nvidia SDK... no
*** The Nvidia SDK test program could not be compiled.
*** Possible reasons:
***     - The Nvidia SDK is not installed.
***     - configure cannot find the SDK (use the
***       --with-nvsdk-prefix option to tell configure where
***       to find it).
***     - Your Nvidia SDK is out of date.  Please update it
***       to the latest version.
***
*** The exrdisplay program will not be built with fragment shader
*** support because the fragment shader support depends on the
*** Nvidia SDK.

the SDK i downloaded and built is the 6.0 rls so i don't think it is outdated...

any help will be kindly accepted

THX the Gunslinger

Nuovo MSN Messenger con sfondi e giochi! http://messenger.msn.it/ Provalo subito!