openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] UI files for Shake plugin

From: John Coldrick
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] UI files for Shake plugin
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 09:50:06 -0500

On Thursday 24 March 2005 18:13, John Pierson wrote:
> I've compiled the Shake exr plugin from the download area.  Can anyone
> provide the Shake UI integration steps for Linux?

        If you check out  highend2D

http://www.highend2d.com/shake/macros/

        almost all of the macros there come with instructions on installing
custom
stuff - the process is unnecessarily obfuscated IMHO but there yah go.  ;)  I
don't do it enough to remember it off by heart, sorry.

        You'll need to compile your .so, of course, and you've mentioned the
SDK
which you'll need so I assume that part is fine.  Your exrFormat.so would
typically go in $HOME/nreal/include/startup or the equivalent in whatever
production paths you use.  Add to that the ui files as per the above forum.

        I had some trouble compiling in SUSE 9.2 on one of those Intel/modded
EM64
systems, but haven't had the time to track it down yet.  Worked fine on a
SUSE 9.1/Xeon system tho'

        Cheers,

        J.C.

Houdini/Renderman/Discreet                           425 Adelaide St W
416-504-0425                                         Toronto, ON Canada
address@hidden                                        M5V 1S4
Some people are born mediocre, some people achieve mediocrity, and some
people have mediocrity thrust upon them.
                -- Joseph Heller, "Catch-22"