openexr-user

Re: [Openexr-user] Questions for more experienced users

From: Kevin Wheatley
Subject: Re: [Openexr-user] Questions for more experienced users
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 10:28:24 +0000

Florian Kainz wrote:
The Academy's Image Interchange Framework has talked about adopting or
defining an image sequence container at some point, but so far any
plans are rather vague.  The committee is currently focusing on some
thorny color management issues.  Container files have not been a high
priority, at least in part because the committee members are using
workflows based on one file per frame, and those tend to work well in
practice.

container files along the lines of MXF for interoperability are evil...

Personally I've got a container file format I like ... its called a directory :-)

If you need to wrap them into a container to give you a single file, I suggest tar/cpio or similar don't invent anything beyond using the existing ones.

Kevin

--
| Kevin Wheatley, Cinesite (Europe) Ltd | Nobody thinks this      |
| Senior Technology                     | My employer for certain |