openvds-support

[Openvds-support] Quotas

From: Simon Garner
Subject: [Openvds-support] Quotas
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 18:09:41 +1300

Hi,

Has anybody got any experience using Quotas with freeVSD under Linux 2.4 /
RH7.2?

I'm using Linux 2.4.16 with the aquota patches from
ftp://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/pub/local/jack/quota/v2.4/ and quota-tools
3.02 from http://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxquota/

I have got quotas running fine on the host server, but I'm finding some
weird quirks with its operation in the virtual servers. Particularly, disk
usage for users is not always updated (according to 'repquota -a' on the
host server). Unfortunately I haven't been able to nail down the problem to
a set of reproducible conditions yet.

I'm just wondering if anybody else has encountered similar problems or has
any suggestions?

Cheers,

Simon Garner