openvds-support

[Openvds-support] the continuing saga...

From: River Hume
Subject: [Openvds-support] the continuing saga...
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:14:49 -0800

First of all, thanx to everyone for all the help, and for bearing with me through all these posts!

I understand the apache issue now... everything is making a LOT more sense, and I actually have a virtual server running. My problems are now few and succinct:

1. The master server is not functioning any longer. I understand vsd needs to redirect services, but while it works for new virtual servers, it did not set up a functional virtual server that runs the original master server as it was. In fact, the master server domain/ip doesn't work at ALL (won't respond to any service requests, save for ssh, which is handled outside of vsd anyway). Ideally, I would like to run my master server NOT as a virtual server. Is the vs created for it supposedly exactly as the master server was, with all the services and software installed, not based on a dumbed down skel?

2. bevs is not working. I can't even get in to set the admin pass...

address@hidden ganjuror]# bevs binaryaxiom
-- cannot read server map file: No such file or directory

Apart from these issues, I finally actually have this sucker up and running! :) *WHEW!* It's taken a long time and a lot of work just to get to THIS point...

Thanx again in advance!
-River