openvds-support

[Openvds-support] Running mnoGoSearch within FreeVSD. The ultimate answe

From: Tim Hewitt
Subject: [Openvds-support] Running mnoGoSearch within FreeVSD. The ultimate answer.
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2002 12:02:07 -0500

I asked a couple of weeks ago about running mnoGoSearch under FreeVSD. I
found a workaround that required modifying source. I did not believe
that was required, but I was not able to make the config file dance for
me.

After more digging and working directly with the author, we have the
necessary config options for running mnoGoSearch from inside a VSD
environment with no code changes. As in most cases, the result looks
more elegant and easier to figure out than it actually was :).

This is a really great search engine, so I'm glad we were able to work
through this. Here are the config file specifics for running in a VSD.

The domain this is running on is obviously myostrich.net. This
configuration supports starting at the top URL of my site and then
walking all links it finds on my site - through any subdomain also found
on my site; assuming all pages link back through some form of link
hierarchy to the home page. Database name, dbusername and dbpassword
also obviously have to be changed for your site.

  DBAddr mysql://dbusername:address@hidden:8080/databasename/
  Server http://www.myostrich.net/ http://www.myostrich.net:8080/
  Realm regex (http://.*myostrich.net)/(.*) $1:8080/$2
  URL http://www.myostrich.net/