oroborus-user

[Oroborus-user] Deskmenu application

From: Chris Wareham
Subject: [Oroborus-user] Deskmenu application
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 13:25:11 +0000

Hi again,

I've just installed the deskmenu application as a replacement for xsm.
It's a neat little bit of code, but I had to change the call to xmalloc
(and the dependency on xmalloc.o) to get it to compile on NetBSD.
There's a #include "error.h" line in xmalloc.c, but no such header in
the source tarball. There does appear to be some Linux specific system
header with that name - I guess it's equivalent on NetBSD is err.h.

The xmalloc stuff does seem to be overkill, and could probably be
replaced with glib stuff. If there's no objection, then I don't mind
glib'ifying deskmenu and making sure it compiles on NetBSD and Linux.

Anyway, the main reason for my message is to see whether anyone is
writing an add-on to configure the menus. If not then I'll knock
together something over the next couple of days and hook it into the
current version of deskmenu.

Chris
--
address@hidden (work)