oroborus-user

Re: [Oroborus-user] Deskmenu application

From: Stefan Pfetzing
Subject: Re: [Oroborus-user] Deskmenu application
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 17:02:49 +0100

Hi,

* Chris Wareham <address@hidden> [030305 14:25]:
> I've just installed the deskmenu application as a replacement for xsm.
> It's a neat little bit of code, but I had to change the call to xmalloc
> (and the dependency on xmalloc.o) to get it to compile on NetBSD.
> There's a #include "error.h" line in xmalloc.c, but no such header in
> the source tarball. There does appear to be some Linux specific system
> header with that name - I guess it's equivalent on NetBSD is err.h.
Hm, I'll include a configure check for that soon, later today perhaps.

> The xmalloc stuff does seem to be overkill, and could probably be
> replaced with glib stuff. If there's no objection, then I don't mind
> glib'ifying deskmenu and making sure it compiles on NetBSD and Linux.
Well I'll remove xmalloc.c soon, but for Oroborus itself its somehow
neccessary...

> Anyway, the main reason for my message is to see whether anyone is
> writing an add-on to configure the menus. If not then I'll knock
> together something over the next couple of days and hook it into the
> current version of deskmenu.
Well currently there is no "frontend" for generating menus, except for
"update-menu" which is debian specific.

bye

Stefan

--
        http://www.dreamind.de/
Oroborus and Debian GNU/Linux Developer.